Create an Easy & Stunning Fall Center Piece
I have no problem admitting that I'm not great at crafts. I love working with a hot glue gun, but I don't necessarily have an eye for creating something beautiful out of nothing! BUT! Pictures of *Pumpkin Succulent Diffusers* were floating around on my facebook feed, and they caught my attention. I decided to give it a shot, and boy was I impressed! A fun, quick, and pretty fool-proof craft! Sign me up!
I made one myself and then hosted a class for 15 women to come make their own pumpkin succulent diffusers at my home! Everyone left having so much fun and with absolutely gorgeous center pieces for their homes!
So if you want to make your own, I say DO IT!
Here's what you'll need:
1 pumpkin the size of a cantaloupe or bigger
Thieves Dish Soap and/or Thieves Household Cleaner
Hot Glue Gun
Sphagnum Moss (from a local nursery or Amazon)
Live Succulents (find at local nursery, Trader Joes, or order from Amazon)
Other decor items
Essential Oils of choice (fall scents like Christmas Spirit, Orange, Cinnamon Bark, Nutmeg, Clove, Thieves)
Step by Step:
1. Snap or cut the stem off your pumpkin.
2. Clean the outside with thieves Dish soap and/or thieves Household Cleaner.
3. Hot glue a thin layer of moss down
4. Arrange live succulent cuttings, faux flowers, pine cones, and any other decor you’d like. Hot glue down each piece when you have an arrangement you like.
5. Apply a few drops of essential oil on the moss to make it smell nice! I did orange, but you could do cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, thieves, Christmas Spirit, etc!
6. Spray with water every other day or so and add a few drops of essential oils as needed (once a week or so!).
***if you use a mixture of indoor/outdoor succulents, you must keep it indoors 👌🏾
The succulents should stay alive for several weeks! You can pluck them off the moss and plant them when you're done with the pumpkin.
What do you think? Think you can make one?! I believe in you! Let me know if you try it!!!